As a Post Retirement Celebration..I went with two of my colleagues to New Orleans!! It's a GREAT city..I recommend everyone to... RUN don't walk to NOLA. The city itself is very nice, it's small so you can walk a good part of it. Then there's the Trolley for distances. The French Quarter is amazing! St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, all the wrought & cast iron, the colors....the architecture is wonderful. The pop. is only 250,000 so no crowds. SO much to see: The Garden District, the Cemeteries, a few Museums & the Plantations out of town. And of course the Jazz music everywhere adds to the whole experience. The FOOD is AMAZING... we didn't have a single bad meal!! Though I wasn't wild about the famous "hurricane" (drink) I did LOVE the beignets, the seafood, the creole & cajun dishes. YUM!!
This was a perfect time of the year for weather..mid 70's every day.
My colleagues nearly walked me to death (9-9 every day!)....painful...but I did only gain 2 pounds ...so well worth it.
We even visited a small town I lived in for two years, (Gramercy, LA) when I was in the 6th & 7th Grades. Not a pretty sight. It wasn't much then & has certainly seen a downhill slide ever since. Boy did we get a laugh out of that! I think now they know why I threw away the yearbooks from then..Phew!.
The Karate Kid & The Princess Bride
15 years ago
1 comment:
Charlene we tried not to kill you! It was such a great trip, and even with little Ethan (yes my 13 month old son was with us) we managed to do nearly everything we wanted except maybe the alligator tour.
Post a Comment